This cherry pudding is easy to make and provides a soft, creamy layer in the Chocolate Cherry Trifle (Recipe on CHOW).
- 1In a large saucepan on the stove, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- 2Turn heat onto medium, and slowly stir in the milk with a wire whisk.
- 1Continue whisking until the mixture comes to a rollicking, bubbly boil, and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- 1Remove from heat and whisk in the reserved 1/4 cup cherry juice, brandy, and butter, until fully incorporated.
- 2Pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface of the pudding so skin does not form. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the trifle.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.