Brandied Cherries (For Chocolate Cherry Trifle) Recipe
Brandied Cherries are easy to make using frozen cherries. They pair well with chocolate in Chocolate Cherry Trifle (Recipe on CHOW).
- 4 cups frozen, dark, sweet cherries, thawed and drained. (Reserve 1/4 cup of the cherry juice for the cherry pudding used in the trifle.)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cherry flavored brandy
- In a medium-size bowl, combine drained cherries, sugar, and brandy.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least a half hour or until ready to assemble the trifle.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.