These fudgy brownies are easy to make and provide a great base for Chocolate Cherry Trifle. (Recipe also on Chow.com). The brownies are also delicious on their own.
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 × 2 inch baking pan.
- 2In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter and pour into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa powder.
- 4Add the vanilla extract and eggs and mix until smooth.
- 5Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly to edges.
- 7Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Can make the day before assembling the trifle.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.