was part of
Food Fight: Holiday Desserts Challenge
which ended Nov 6, 2009 04:00 PM.
See winners »
TIRAMISU ICE CREAM CAKE
I like to serve ice cream cakes for dessert. They look impressive and are usually easy to make because the most difficult part of the cake is the icecream – which I buy from the store! After someone else has done that part for me, the rest is easy. Of course, there is something very special about home made icecream. So, if you insist, make your own ice cream. It is recommended that you make this the day before you intend to serve it, so that it freezes well.
- 1Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to soften enough to be spreadable (for food safety, this should be done in the refrigerator).
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the wine and the coffee.
- 3Quickly dip the lady fingers into the coffee mixture and line them in a single layer along the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4Carefully spread some of the ice cream (1 pint) over the lady fingers, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
- 5Continue with another layer, beginning with Instruction 3 above, alternating the layers until all of the fingers have been used. The ice cream should be the final layer, sprinkled with the chopped chocolate.
- 6Place the dessert into the freezer and allow it to freeze well (about three hours)
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.