These tart and tangy Cranberry Bars are one of my favorite treats. I’ve been craving cranberries lately and this gluten free dessert more than hits the spot when it comes to mouth puckering goodness.
- 1Place pecans and dates in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground
- 2Pulse in oil and salt until mixture begins to form a ball
- 3Press crust into an 8×8 inch greased baking dish
- 4Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned
- 5To make cranberry topping, place 4 cups cranberries, agave and orange zest in a pot on the stove
- 6Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer 10-15 minutes, until cranberries start to dissolve
- 7Add remaining 2 cups cranberries and cook covered for 5 more minutes
- 8Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- 9Pour mixture over pecan crust
- 10Allow bars to set for 60-90 minutes
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.