Korean style chicken and potato stew Recipe
This was a staple in my home when I was growing up. It’s delicious, satisfying and it’s really easy to make! Just put everything in and cook!
- 8 Chicken thighs with bones (you can use skinless if you want)
- 1/2 cup of good soy sauce- more to taste
- 1/4 cup of Mirin
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 ts of finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion, medium chopped
- 3-4 Tbs of honey or 3-4 Tbs of brown sugar (depends how sweet you want)
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half diagonally then 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 medium carrots, about the same size of potato
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Peeled chestnuts (not water chestnut), (optional)
- In a large dutch oven, add everything except potatoes, carrots and pine nuts and cook over a medium heat for about 20-25 min. Stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, carrots and chestnuts, cook for another 10-15 min.
- When it’s done, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve. You can serve this dish with a side of cooked rice.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.