Teff Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
Teff is such a small grain that it is nearly impossible to hull before grinding into flour, making its nutritional value nearly identical to that of the whole grain. These cookies are a high-protein, non-gluten, nutritious treat. Nobody will ever believe that they are made without wheat, eggs, milk, butter or brown sugar.
- 2 cups brown teff flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and all wet ingredients in another. Pour wet ingredients over dry and blend until just combined—do not overmix.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheet. There is no need to roll, flatten or shape mounds. Simply place in oven and bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and place directly on wire rack to cool.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food