When I was stationed in Germany I tried this delicious concoction that only the true beer afficionados, the Germans, could come up with.
Banana Beer or Bananenweizen as it’s known in Germany, tastes best with Wheat Beer. The banana flavor blends well with the fresh taste of wheat beer and gives it just a slight sweetness. Perfect for sipping after dinner, or anytime.
- 1Chill a hefeweizenbier glass, (a tall pilsner glass).
- 2While keeping the glass at an angle, so that it does not develop too much foam, pour the beer into the glass.
- 3The bottleneck should be dunked slightly into the beer and then slowly pulled up.
- 4Since the yeast that settles at the bottom of the bottle is a small remnant of wheat beer, shake the bottle and dump it into the wheat beer glass.
- 5Once the foam head sets, fill the glass with well chilled banana juice.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.