The trick to making this granola is adding a ton of cinnamon (even more than the 1 teaspoon I have in the recipe below), which accentuates the sweetness of the dried fruits.
- 1Soak walnuts and salt overnight in a large pyrex baking dish (9×13)
- 2Rinse the walnuts, rinse the baking dish, then place the nuts back in the baking dish
- 3Place nuts in oven on lowest setting (our oven is 135°) and dehydrate for 24 hours or until crispy
- 4Once nuts are dehydrated, remove from oven and set aside
- 5Place dates and water in food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms
- 6Add walnuts, apricots, mulberries and cinnamon and pulse until coarse, like granola
- 7Place in oven in large pyrex dish and dehydrate again for 24 hours or until crispy
- 8Serve as a snack or as cereal with almond milk
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.