Cabbage and Carrot Herbed Slaw Recipe
With cabbage, carrots, radishes, and herbs, this slaw is as colorful as it is flavorful. It’s a great make-ahead dish, since the flavor develops as it sits; just be sure to give it a quick stir before you serve.
- 1 medium head red cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into small wedges and cored
- 2 medium carrots, ends trimmed
- 12 medium radishes
- 1/4 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 orange)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Using a food processor fitted with a grating disk, finely shred the cabbage, carrots, and radishes. Place in a large, nonreactive bowl and toss until evenly mixed.
- Place the remaining ingredients except the oil in the food processor, now fitted with a blade attachment. Process until smooth, then with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and process until incorporated.
- Toss the dressing with the vegetables, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld. Stir just before serving.