I love brightly flavored foods. This chicken is moist, succulent, tangy w/ citrus, and crunchy. The recipe’s origin is Dominican but I added the ginger and whole wheat flour, which really improve the original version.
- 1Cube chicken (or, if using whole pieces, poke all over with a skewer or boning knife)
- 2Mix lemon juice through ginger, stir to dissolve salt, and pour over chicken.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 1-3 days, turning once a day.
- 4Remove from refrigerator; drain in collander.
- 5Combine flour through pepper in plastic container w/ lid.
- 6Shake well to mix.
- 7To the flour mixture add 1/4 of the chicken cubes or 1 whole piece of chicken.
- 8Shake well to coat, and set aside.
- 9In 370 degree oil, fry chicken cubes and dried sliced ginger a few minutes ’til firm to touch.
- 10For whole pieces, fry with ginger for about 10 minutes, turning a few times, then transfer to 350 degree oven til cooked through and juices run clear when a skewer or small knife tip is inserted into the middle of the piece.
- 11Drain chicken on newspaper or paper towels.
- 12Repeat with remaining chicken.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.