Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
Crisp, sweet, and without a hint of grease, these chips are perfect for dunking in aioli or just eating by themselves.
Game plan: The chips are best the day they are made but are still delicious for up to 2 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sexy Vampire Halloween Party photo gallery.
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Garnet sweet potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange the racks in the upper and lower third. Coat 2 baking sheets with 1 teaspoon of the oil each; set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with vinegar and remaining vegetable oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Evenly divide potatoes between the prepared baking sheets, spreading in a single layer. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until the chips are browned and the edges are crisp, about 25 minutes.