Greek style Lentil Salad Recipe
The ingredient list was provided by inmetric in this topic: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/651204 It sounded so good I made some myself.
inmetric, if you post this recipe under your name I’ll delete mine out of respect for the author :-).
- 1/2 lb brown lentils
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber or two Persian cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Cook the brown lentils in generous water until barely done, about 15 minutes. Taste frequently to ensure that you don’t overcook them. Drain and remove to a 1 qt mixing bowl or storage container.
- Add half of the olive oil and vinegar to the lentils. Season generously with black pepper to taste. Mix gently. Chill until the lentils reach room temperature.
- Add the tomato, cucumber, feta cheese, the rest of the oil and vinegar and mix gently again. Chill for an hour or two before serving. If you can wait that long :-)
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.