Fall Herb Aioli Recipe
This aioli is perfect as a dipping companion for sweet potato chips, or mixed into chicken or turkey salad.
Game plan: The aioli can be made up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. For a slacker solution, fold the garlic, mustard, and herbs into good-quality store-bought mayonnaise.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sexy Vampire Halloween Party photo gallery.
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place egg, garlic, and mustard in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until mixture is evenly combined, about 10 seconds.
- With the processor running, slowly add oil in a thin stream until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired. Process until well incorporated, about 10 seconds.