I decided to make a Gluten Free Roasted Chicken Stock last night and of course consulted one of my favorite books, Joy of Cooking. The recipe below is based upon the one in that book.
- 1Place the chicken carcass in a large stockpot with the water
- 2Bring pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
- 3Meanwhile, place onion, carrot and garlic cloves on a parchment lined baking sheet
- 4Roast at 400° for one hour
- 5Add roasted vegetables to stock, then add parsley, thyme, celery and bay leaves
- 6Simmer stock one more hour then cool and strain into glass mason jars
- 7Drink alone or use for soups and sauces
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.