Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken Recipe
We partnered with the blog The Jew & The Carrot for some High Holidays recipes. This crowd-pleasing honey-mustard chicken by Rachel Harkham is as versatile as it is easy to make. Serve it alongside a simple salad and some boiled potatoes and you’ll make lots and lots of friends.
This dish was featured as part of our slideshow of Hanukkah recipes.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) broiler chickens, cut into 8 pieces (ask your butcher to do this)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place the mustard, honey, oil, salt, garlic, and parsley in a medium bowl and whisk until evenly mixed. Pour over the chicken and turn the pieces to evenly coat.
- Place the chicken skin-side down in a large casserole or 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Bake, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by