Spiced Pecan and Apple Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups assorted salad greens (such as baby spinach or arugula)
- 2 medium apples, cut into thin slices
- Heat oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine half of the honey with the apple pie spice, cayenne, and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Add pecan halves and stir until well coated. Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake until honey bubbles and nuts are toasted, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the vinaigrette:
- Combine remaining honey, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a small jar or cruet and shake well. Add olive oil and shake vigorously until well incorporated.
For the salad:
- Arrange salad leaves on a serving platter or divide among individual serving plates. Scatter apple splices and spiced pecans over leaves. Pour apple cider vinaigrette over salad and serve.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.