Mince Lamb Satay Recipe
The original recipe calls for goat/lamb fat tissue wrap around individual stick to hold the mixture together in the grilling process. Minced lamb is already a bit too rich for us, so I decided to stuff the mixture with breadcrumbs and a bit of whisked eggs which will hopefully keep them together.
- 500 gram lean minced goat/beef (I use 300 gr)
- flat bamboo skewers - soak in water before hand
- 500 gr goat/lamb fat tissue ( I use 1 cup of bread crumbs + eggs)
- 2 tbs coriander seeds, toasted till fragrant
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin, toasted till fragrant
- 3 pinch of sugar
- 2 tbs tamarind
- pinch of salt & maggi
- Mix processed ingredients with minced lamb. Wrap 1 tbs of mixture on bamboo skewers, shape oval, set aside
- Grill them until cooked through. Serve hot with steam rice and spicy soy sauce dipping
- More on this recipe, have a look on my cooking site
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.