We lived in Southren California for a while and my parents had a eclectic group of friends. When we got together for Barbecues, this "Pico de Gallo was always on the table.
The sweetnes of the Jicama and apple, with the tang of the citrus, and the heat of peppers make a awesome flavor combination.
- 1add Jicama to a large bowl
- 2cut citrus segments in 1/3rds and add to bowl
- 3add fresh squeezed juice to bowl
- 4thinly slice serranos and add to bowl
- 5add salt to bowl, mix well and refrigerate to well chilled.
Serve as a side at your next Barbecue
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.