Citrus Pico De Gallo Recipe
We lived in Southren California for a while and my parents had a eclectic group of friends. When we got together for Barbecues, this "Pico de Gallo was always on the table.
The sweetnes of the Jicama and apple, with the tang of the citrus, and the heat of peppers make a awesome flavor combination.
- 1 Jicama...peel and slice 1" x 1" squares by 1/4" thick
- 4 large Navel Oranges...2 oranges peel and segment, juice 2
- 4 large Lemons...2 lemons, peel and segment, juice 2
- 4 Limes...peel and segment 2, juice 2
- 2 Ruby Red Grapefruit...peel and segment 1, juice 1
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples...Quarter, core, and slice
- 2 Red Delicious Apples...Quarter, core, and slice
- 2 Serrano Chillies
- 1 tsp Salt
- add Jicama to a large bowl
- cut citrus segments in 1/3rds and add to bowl
- add fresh squeezed juice to bowl
- thinly slice serranos and add to bowl
- add salt to bowl, mix well and refrigerate to well chilled.
Serve as a side at your next Barbecue
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.