Classic green chile stew is a simple and tasty dish. It also adapts nicely to other ingredients. The grilled corn and dried onions in this recipe add a pleasant smokiness.
Serve with warm corn tortillas
- 1Brown pork in olive oil. Remove from oil and set aside
- 2Add onions to oil and cook until softened
- 3Add red peppers and garlic and cook about 3 minutes more
- 4Add chicken stock, Hatch chiles and pork. Simmer about an hour
- 5Add everything else and simmer an additional hour
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.