Hatch chile and fruit compote topped with crema Recipe
Hatch peppers give fruit compotes added complexity and zing. They pair well with plums, peaches or apples.
The butter and crema add extra flavor, but can be dropped to reduce fat and calories.
Crema sold in Mexican markets is a nice finish but this dish is also excellent with low fat yogurt, ice cream, whipped cream, creme fraiche or melted cheddar cheese.
- Sliced fruit (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 roasted Hatch chile chopped
- juice of one key lime ... the small Mexican type or any citrus fruit
- cinnamon to taste
- Sweetener (about 2 teaspoons honey, brown sugar, white sugar).
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- Crema (optional)
- Put everything in a microwave-friendly dish, lightly cover and nuke for 2 minutes or until fruit softens
- Cool slightly and top with a dollop of crema
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.