South Texas style Polska Kiabasa and Cabbage Recipe
This Spicy kiabasa and cabbage recipe has been in my family for generations, it’s a mix of Polish and Mexican.
- 1 link Kiabasa sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage shreaded
- 1 6oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 med yellow onion sliced
- 1 tspn Salt
- 1 tspn Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp Cumin powder
- 1 tblsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tblsp Red pepper flake
- 1 cup water
- In a large pan, saute Kiabasa till sausage takes on color. If fat renders, remove from pan.
- Add onion and 1/2 the amount of shreadded cabbage, add tomoto sauce and on med high heat, combine all well.
- Add spices, remainder of cabbage, and water. Allow to come to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. combine all well and stir on occasion. Add water if needed. 10m
simmer uncovered till cabbage is tender. check for spices. final dish should not be soupy or dry, there should be some liquid left. 25-30m
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.