Fish Daufuskie Recipe
I had this dish at the Skull Creek Island Restaurant (since defunct) about 25 years ago and worked it out to this imitation that has served me well through the years.
- 1 large fish fillet of your choice. One thick enough to bake.
- 2 parts mayonnaise (could be 1 TBSP, more or less)
- 1 part mustard (half the amount of mayonnaise)
- lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 small onion, sliced very, very thin
- 1 small lemon or lime, sliced very,very thin
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard enough vermouth to make a paste.
- Place fish in appropriate baking dish and squeeze lemon or lime juice over it.
seasoning may not be necessary.
- Mask entire fish with mustard/mayo paste
- Cover the entire fish with the thinly sliced onions.
- Lap the lemon/lime slices down the entire center of the fish and sprinkle all over with capers.
- Dust with paprika and bake in pre heated 350* until the fish flakes. This could take ten minutes or a half an hour depending on the thickness of the fish.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.