I had this dish at the Skull Creek Island Restaurant (since defunct) about 25 years ago and worked it out to this imitation that has served me well through the years.
- 1Mix mayonnaise and mustard enough vermouth to make a paste.
- 2Place fish in appropriate baking dish and squeeze lemon or lime juice over it.
seasoning may not be necessary.
- 3Mask entire fish with mustard/mayo paste
- 4Cover the entire fish with the thinly sliced onions.
- 5Lap the lemon/lime slices down the entire center of the fish and sprinkle all over with capers.
- 6Dust with paprika and bake in pre heated 350* until the fish flakes. This could take ten minutes or a half an hour depending on the thickness of the fish.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.