Gluten Free "Ricotta" Dip Recipe
This tangy Gluten Free and Vegan “Ricotta” Cheese Dip is based on a recipe from the phenomenal book Entertaining in the Raw by Matthew Kenney.
- 1 cup pine nuts, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 scallion (green and white parts, remove and discard tip), minced
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Rinse pine nuts in cold water; then discard both soaking and rinsing water
- Place pine nuts in a food processor, along with lemon juice and water
- Process for 1-2 minutes, scraping down side of processor frequently, until smooth
- Process in scallions, thyme and salt, until texture of ricotta
- Remove from food processor to a serving dish
- Serve with your favorite dipping veggies
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.