Herbed Ricotta Spread
An Italian-esque spread with clean, simple flavors. Consider this recipe a foundation and riff on it as you see fit. Try the spread with grilled or roasted vegetables, cured meats, or grilled chicken.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thin slices bread, toasted
Combine all ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve spread on toasted bread.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved