Beet-Horseradish-Dill Spread Recipe
The flavors of Borscht make for a winning spread. Try it with smoked salmon and cream cheese or on your next turkey sandwich.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads photo gallery.
- 2 medium roasted and peeled beets
- Kosher salt
- Granulated sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Combine the beets, a generous pinch of salt, a generous pinch of sugar, and black pepper to taste in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and pulse until the beets are smooth, about 4 to 5 pulses.
- Add the horseradish cream and cider vinegar and, with the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is thick and spreadable.
- Add the dill and stir to combine.