White Bean–Olive-Basil Spread Recipe
Good as either a dip or a spread, this easy olive-bean mixture livens up anything it tops. It tastes great with roasted or grilled vegetables, grilled or roasted chicken, or a veggie burger.
What to buy: Dried beans can be substituted for the canned beans if you prefer. Use 1 1/2 cups cooked beans for each 15-ounce can of beans called for.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads photo gallery.
- 1 (15-ounce) can drained white beans
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Place the beans, vinegar, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Pulse until mostly smooth but there’s still some texture, about 5 to 8 pulses.
- Add the olives and basil and pulse to combine.