Arugula-Walnut Pesto Recipe
Tasty as either a sauce or a spread, this pesto goes great with roasted or grilled chicken, goat cheese, roast beef, dry-cured ham, or tossed with some pasta for a quick weeknight dinner.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads photo gallery.
- 3/4 cup shelled walnuts
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Place the walnuts and arugula in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and pulse several times until combined.
- 2Add the mustard, vinegar, and salt, plus pepper to taste. With the machine running, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until the mixture is smooth but thick.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved