Herbed Avocado Spread Recipe
Take mashed avocado to the next level with flavors reminiscent of Green Goddess Dressing. This spread tastes great on a BLT, grilled or roasted chicken, roasted vegetables, or a seared piece of halibut.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads.
- 1 ripe avocado, medium dice
- 6 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the avocado in a medium, nonreactive bowl and mash with a fork until evenly broken up.
- Add the chives and parsley (or your other favorite herbs), vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste. Fold together until well combined.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved