Millionaires Shortbread Recipe
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
- Base: 120g salted butter
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 60g granulated brown sugar
- Toffee: 120g granulated brown sugar
- 120g salted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Chocolate Coverage: 1 tablespoon butter
- 300g dark or milk chocolate
- Base: Mix softened butter with flour and granulated sugar until a crumbly dough forms (flour should be completely mixed in). Spoon this mixture into a tin (a square baking tin, 20×20cm greased and base-lined with baking parchment or paper) and, very lightly, press to make an even layer. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for about thirty-minutes or just until shortbread begins to colorue. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Toffee: Over medium heat, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, butter, honey and brown sugar until caramel forms (it should be golden). Stir the entire time, to avoid burning. It may feel like the mixture is sticking to the pan, but as long as no black or dark brown bits come up, you’re fine, that’s why you’re stirring constantly. Once you’ve reached a beautiful golden color, remove from heat and pour the finished product over the shortbread crust. It will cool quickly, be fast in spreading. Allow to cool about one hour.
- Chocolate Coverage: melt your chocolate and butter in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl. Once melted, pour over the caramel layer, smoothing and spreading if needed and let cool in the refrigerator. An hour later or the next day, cut into small squares with a sharp knife. Eat all of them… and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.