Chickpeas and Tuna with Dijon Dressing and Herbs Recipe
After trying several chickpea-based light recipes and being not completely satisfied, I decided to create my own. This recipe incorporates many of my favorite salad toppings and is an easy and healthy lunch, side, or main dish.
- 2 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green olives with pimentos, drained and sliced (or kalamatas or 1 tbsp capers)
- 1/4 cup cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled, Parmesan-reggiano or manchego cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 5-10 ounces of tuna, drained
- pine nuts-optional
- baby spinach and/or rice-optional
- In a bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and dijon mustard.
- In another bowl, combine all the other ingredients that you wish to include and pour dressing over and mix well.
- Cover and chill for an hour or so to allow flavors to blend and then serve over baby spinach, rice or by itself.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.