Mango and Lime Pops Recipe
Muy refrescante, muy tropical. The bright sweetness of mangoes, when you can find them in good shape, is enhanced by the tang of the citrus. The combination will blow a Caribbean breeze your way when the weather is scorching. And speaking of scorching … adjust the cayenne pepper to your own tolerance for heat. I like mine muy caliente.
This recipe accompanies Karen’s video CHOW Tip on how to make these spicy frozen pops.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 small ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup lime juice (from about 4 limes)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a small saucepan and warming over medium heat just until the sugar dissolves. Cool completely.
- Combine the syrup, mangoes, lime juice, cayenne pepper, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend well, pour into molds, and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Freeze up to 3 months. Store in the molds or release, wrap well in waxed paper, and store in a marked sealable plastic bag.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by