- 1Soak the cherries in the wine for a few hours, or even better overnight
- 2Pour wine, cherries and cinnamon in a pot and slowly simmer until the cherries are soft. Puree in a blender or using an immersion stab.
- 1Pass through a sieve twice, reserving the liquid. Transfer the liquid to a new pot and reduce to one third of the original volume
- 2Add chicken stock and reduce again, till it starts to get syrupy. Remove from the fire and emulsify the cold butter in the sauce. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1You should end up with a shiny burgundy red sauce that just coats the back of a tablespoon
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.