A great salsa for chips, tacos, eggs, etc.
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 2 Jalapeno peppers (can adjust depending on how spicy you want)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 small bunch of cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lard or oil (olive, corn, or peanut)
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1Place whole tomatoes, whole peppers, whole garlic clove, and bacon and oil/lard in a partially covered skillet at medium/high heat. Remove garlic clove when soft and bacon when done.
- 2Once the tomatoes and peppers are slightly browned/blackened in places remove them from the skillet and place them along with the garlic, bacon, salt, and a tablespoon of the cooking liquid in the skillet in a blender or molcajete. Blend until slightly chunky (add garlic, peppers, salt, liquid, and bacon first, then the tomatoes).
- 3Pour the salsa into a small bowl and add the chopped cilantro and mix by hand. Enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved