Peaches are in high season here in Colorado and we are making the most of it. This week I made a gluten free (of course), fruit sweetened, dairy free, vegan Peach Almond Ice Cream.
To increase the peach factor, I diced up more fresh peaches and mooshed them into the ice cream after it came out of the ice cream maker.
- 1Place soaked almonds and water in vita-mix
- 2Blend on highest setting until smooth, about 1 minute, add a bit more water if blending is a challenge
- 3Remove almond mixture from vita-mix and strain through a fine mesh paint strainer bag, discarding solids
- 4Place almond mixture in rinsed out vita-mix container, blend in peaches and dates on highest setting until smooth
- 5Blend in stevia, vanilla and lemon juice
- 6Place mixture in ice cream maker and process according to instructions
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.