Shrimp, Lemon, and Herb Kamut Spaghetti Recipe
This recipe may be basic, but it’s loaded with flavor. You could make it more substantial by stirring in a hit of cream at the end. Serve it with a seasonal salad.
What to buy: Kamut pasta is becoming increasingly popular and can be found in the pasta aisle of health food stores and gourmet groceries.
- 1 pound kamut spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound rock shrimp or small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add garlic and shrimp and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, stirring rarely, until shrimp are cooked through and slightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully add wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the alcohol smell has cooked off, about 30 seconds, add red pepper flakes and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Add reserved pasta, reserved cooking liquid, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, and lemon zest to the pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.