Bubble Gum Ice Cream Recipe
This is a tasty treat! It’s a sweet, creamy and delicious dessert that will send your taste buds all the way up to cloud nine. This is not your average phony bubble gum ice cream, with fake flavor and pieces of bubble gum. It is odd, but all lovers of ice cream and bubble gum will die and go to heaven when the take a bite of this delicious treat!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk (or less to lighten it up)
- 5 eggs
- 2/3-1 cup sugar
- 70 grams bubble gum (10 large old fashion pieces like malabars), chopped
- Optional pink or red food dye
- Mix cream and milk in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Add chopped bubble gum to the dairy mixture, and let it stand for 10 minutes (or longer for a stronger flavor) to let the flavor seep in.
- Drain the mixture into a medium bowl, and discard bubble gum.
- Combine the eggs and sugar until fluffy, and then beat into dairy mixture.
- Heat mixture on stove until it reaches 100 degrees or thickens to a certain degree.
Stir CONSTANTLY to prevent boiling.
- If using food dye, add desired amount at this time. I recommend that you use a slight amount to get a ale pink color.
- Cool the mixture (preferably very cold) and add to your home ice cream maker (which as you know should be pre-frozen) and let run for approx. 25 minutes, or until done.
- Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
- For serving, let sit out for a bit to let it soften, but not too long. This will ensure that the ice cream will not freeze your taste buds, thus detracting from the delicious taste. Serve in cones, and with rainbow sprinkles if you like.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.