Kale Almond Pesto Recipe
Mid July and pestomania is in the air. I’ve been working on a variety of pestos night and day for the last week. Today’s version is Kale Almond Pesto.
- 1 bunch kale, steamed to bright green -if you are looking for an exact measurement, I used 6 ounces
- ⅓ cup toasted almonds
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Place kale in food processor and pulse until chopped
- Add almonds and garlic, pulse again to incorporate
- Pulse in salt, lemon juice, oil and pepper flakes
- Continue pulsing until pesto reaches desired consistency (I like mine fairly smooth)
- Serve over Sesame Crackers
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.