Prawn Moilee (Prawns simmered in coconut milk, spiked with turmeric, garlic and curry leaves) Recipe
A simple yet delicious recipe that I have used time and again and was given to me by my friend Anand George at Mint and Mustard in Cardiff.
It can even wow your guests at a dinner party!
- Approximately 10 King Prawns (de-veined and shells removed)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Green Chilli
- Small piece of ginger
- 2 Onions
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 Sprig of Curry leaves
- 125g Coconut Milk Powder
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes (for garnish)
- Clean the prawns, wash and dry them.
- Slice garlic, onions, julienne ginger and slit green chilli.
- Mix coconut milk powder with 125 ml of luke warm water and keep aside.
- Heat oil add garlic, ginger, slit green chilli, curry leaves and onions and saute till they are translucent.
- Add turmeric powder( be careful because turmeric powder burns) so add 30ml water and simmer it.
- Add coconut milk, and simmer it, add the prawns and poach it in the sauce (approximately 3- 4 minutes)
- Add salt and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.