I chose to go with a messy “action” photo of this crumble to demonstrate just how much my husband liked it! He came home from work and devoured the section you see missing above. I was somewhat surprised since it was another one of my experiments making a purely fruit sweetened dessert.
While this crumble is not as easy to make as my usual desserts, it’s super healthy and also deliciously satisfying.
- 1For filling, place cherries and blueberries in a 3 quart baking dish
- 2Sprinkle fruit with lemon juice and vanilla, then toss in arrowroot
- 3To make the crumble, place 8 dates, ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon oil in a vita mix and puree on high until smooth
- 4Pour date mixture into a medium mixing bowl
- 5Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix well to combine
- 6Crumble the topping over fruit mixture
- 7Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until bubbling
- 8Uncover and bake a few more minutes until topping is golden brown
- 9Remove from oven and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.