Seared Scallops with Thai 'Mignonette' Recipe
When it comes to eating seafood, which i do at least 5 times a week, i love a sauce that is spicy, sour and vinegary. im not a butter lover. this sauce which i’ve dubbed Thai ‘Mignonette’ is a everyday sauce in Thailand. My wife is from Bangkok, so im all about the everyday food of Thailand.
- 4 fresh scallops
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 10 small Thai chilies finely sliced
- 4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce(i prefer Tipros)
- 1 tablespoon warm water(for dissolving)
- 2 drops olive oil
- pinch of salt
- combine all ingredients in blender until a liquid with chunks.
heat pan until water sizzles when dropped on it.
on a cutting board, drizzle a single drop of olive oil on each side of the scallops.
dust salt on each side.
sear the scallops on each side until desired color.
serve with sticky rice and choice of vegetable.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.