This Gluten Free Pad Thai is one of my family’s favorite dishes. Add a heap of grilled chicken or sea food and you have a delicious high protein meal.
Top with your favorite protein: chicken, seafood, tofu, etc.
- 1Bring water for noodles to boil in a large pot
- 2Cook noodles according to instructions on package, then drain and set aside
- 3In a large skillet, heat olive oil, then add onion
- 4Saute onions for 10-15 minutes, over medium-low heat until lightly browned
- 5Add broccoli and ¼ cup water
- 6Cover pan and saute 5 minutes or so until broccoli turns bright green and begins to soften
- 7Stir in garlic and salt
- 8Then stir in sesame oil, agave and ume vinegar
- 9In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and 1 tablespoon water, stirring vigorously to make a paste without any lumps
- 10Pour the paste over the broccoli and mix quickly and vigorously to loosen any of the mixture that sticks to the bottom of the pan
- 11Place noodles on individual plates, then top with broccoli mixture
- 12Garnish with scallions, cilantro and peanuts
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.