Sriracha Deviled Eggs Recipe
Mitch Prensky, chef-owner at Supper in Philadelphia, shared this recipe with us. Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with mayonnaise, Sriracha, Dijon mustard, lime juice, and cilantro, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with pickled carrots or daikon, for an Asian-inspired riff on deviled eggs.
To see more of Prensky’s deviled egg recipes, check out this story.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pickled carrots or daikon, for garnish (optional)
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
- Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, Dijon, Sriracha, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with pickled carrots or daikon and chopped cilantro leaves.