Horseradish Deviled Eggs with Seared Steak and Blue Cheese Recipe
Mitch Prensky, chef-owner at Supper in Philadelphia, shared this recipe with us. Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with mayonnaise, horseradish cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and parsley, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with thin slices of seared steak and blue cheese, for a steakhouse-inspired riff on deviled eggs.
To see more of Prensky’s deviled egg recipes, check out this story.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Seared New York strip steak, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Crumbled blue cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
- Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, Dijon, horseradish cream, lemon juice, and parsley in a medium nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with seared New York strip steak and crumbled blue cheese.