Truffled Deviled Eggs Recipe
Mitch Prensky, chef-owner at Supper in Philadelphia, shared this recipe with us. Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with lemon juice, mayonnaise, truffle oil, and chives, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with slices of black truffle, for a fancy riff on deviled eggs.
What to buy: There are many counterfeit truffles out there, so be sure to purchase yours from a reputable source. They should be firm and dry to the touch, and always store them properly so that you get your money’s worth.
To see more of Prensky’s deviled egg recipes, check out this story.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons black truffle oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced black truffle, for garnish (optional; chervil leaves may be substituted)
- Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
- Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, truffle oil, lemon juice, and chives in a medium, nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with thinly sliced black truffle or chervil leaves.