Mint Tea Latte Recipe
I got this idea from my mom who used to make sweetened mint tea using tea bags, so I experimented with it to try to improve upon it.
- 2 teaspoons black loose-leaf tea
- 8 ounces filtered water
- 2-3 fresh spearmint leaves (with stems)
- 4 ounces whole milk (best flavor achieved with milk from grass fed jersey cows; organic is a nice to have but grass fed is more important)
- 1 teaspoon unrefined (raw) sugar (gives better taste)
- Bring the water to a boil (let sit for a few minutes to prevent burning the tea).
- Place loose-leaf tea, mint, and sugar in a French press (or tea pot), add the hot water, stir, and let steep for about five minutes.
- Froth milk, add to tea, and pour in a large mug.
- If using the tea pot method, strain tea in a large mug and enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved