Strawberry Vanilla Bean Homemade Ice Cream (Gluten Free and Vegan) Recipe
My boys love this vegan Strawberry Ice Cream. I made a batch and it was gone in a couple of hours. So I made more and my husband got in on the act, consuming his share.
It is made with a coconut milk base and I added quite a bit of vanilla, in hopes of drowning out the coconutty flavor, as I did not want to make a coconut ice cream.
- (1) 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- (1) 10 ounce package frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to instructions
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.