Black Rice Pudding with Coconut Panna Cotta Recipe
it is a another comfort food throughout Asia; as a snack, an afternoon delight as well as dessert with ripen mango or lychee in season. From the Philippine to Yunnan province in China, a stable dish is seen….
- 1 C black rice
- 2 C water
- 3" ginger chunks, bruised
- 1 can coconut milk
- tiny pinch salt
- 1 pandan leaf, ( tie into knot if usiing the leaf, or 1 t. if using extract)
- 2 TBSP palm sugar
- 1 pack of knox geletin
- black and white sesame seeds (optionals)
- soak rice over night, and rinsed
- cover the rice with water and ginger and pinch of salt, simmer, covered until done, about 30 mins, or water reduced.
- with coconut milk, reduce coconut milk with pandan leaf and palm sugar, when luke warm, stir in and mix in the gelatin (knox)
- to serve. one layer of black rice and spoon the coconut milk on top. (sprinkle toasted white and black sesame seeds, optional)
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.