The New York Times blog, Bitten, just did a feature on chocolate cupcakes, which made me realize that a recipe for gluten free chocolate cupcakes is conspicuously lacking from this site. Well, I am happy to say that is no longer the case.
In my quest for the perfect gluten free chocolate cupcake, I made these 5 times. Today. Luckily, my boys and their glutenoid friends happily scarfed the “failures.” Here, I share with you my success.
- 1In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- 2In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil and agave
- 3Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly
- 4Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and scoop a scant 1/4 cup into each
- 5Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes
- 6Cool and cover with vegan “buttercream” chocolate frosting
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.