Gluten Free Corn Soup Recipe Recipe
- 8 cups fresh corn kernels (approximately 15 corn ears)
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup snipped herbs (chives, basil, chervil, parsley)
- Hold an ear of corn upright and slice off the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife. Be sure to scrap the juice from the corn cobs, this will add natural sugar and intensify the corn flavor!
- In a large saucepan, bring the corn kernels, water and sea salt to a boil. Simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the corn is very tender. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the corn in batches until you achieve a smooth consistency. If you want a smoother soup, pour each patch through a food mill, strainer, or sieve. This will help you get rid of any large pieces. You can also serve this rustic style and keep the chunks of corn.
- Thin soup to desired consistency for thickness of the soup with buttermilk. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish and serve with fresh chopped herbs.
- Notes: Sometimes I like to add a drop of hot sauce to spice things up. I like to use the Asian hot sauce Sriracha.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.